Click here to download the My Immortal Drinking Game PDF. I reformatted the original to be more useful at parties. I’ve since used it many times, and it never fails to make everyone burst into raucous laughter.
Here are the instructions:
How to Play the My Immortal Drinking Game, Home Game Party Edition
- Have one person preparing a tall drink for everyone while a second person explains the rules.
- Choose the triggers you will use. Those below have been edited from the main Drinking Game page to be easier to interpret, but they should still be narrowed down to house rules depending on the audience.
- Each person must have a drink in hand at all times. If they empty their glass, they must get it refilled.
- Starting at one end of the room (keep the order simple), have one person begin reading the story.
- As soon as one of the color-coded triggers is reached, allow the person to finish the sentence and then take a drink. If, while finishing the sentence, the reader covered another trigger, drink for that one, too.
- The next person then starts reading from where the last left off.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until someone is unable to keep drinking (bathroom breaks don’t count); they may still take their turn reading, but have effectively ‘lost’.
- Continue until only one person is taking a drink every time a trigger is called and has therefore won the game.
Take a shot each time there’s an author’s note. Take a shot with every bad pun, two if followed by ‘geddit’.
Take a shot each time the narrative stops to describe the clothing or makeup, two if it’s a boy’s makeup. Take a shot whenever fishnets are mentioned.
Take a shot each time a band is mentioned, two if they are going to attend a concert.
Take a shot every time preps (or Hillary Duff) are insulted or are flaming again. Take a shot each time Ebony gives somebody the “middle finger”.
Take a shot for every use of ‘f@#$’, ‘666’, or ‘depressed/depressing/etc.’. Take a shot whenever someone slits their wrists or cries tears of blood.
Take a shot for every overly-long, dramatic pause, as in, “It was……………. X!”
Take a shot every time Ebony has sex. Take a shot every time she comments on how hot someone looks, two if it’s a band member. Take a shot whenever she refers to genitalia.
Here’s a sample formatted paragraph:
On the night of the concert I put on my black lace-up boots with high heels. Underneath them were ripped red fishnets. Then I put on a black leather minidress with all this corset stuff on the back and front. I put on matching fishnet on my arms. I straightened my hair and made it look all spiky. I felt a little depressed then, so I slit one of my wrists. I read a depressing book while I waited for it to stop bleeding and I listened to some GC. I painted my nails black and put on TONS of black eyeliner. Then I put on some black lipstick. I didn’t put on foundation because I was pale anyway. I drank some human blood so I was ready to go to the concert.
I disclaim whatever ill effects you experience while downing enough water, lemonade, alcohol, etc. to drown a herd of elephants.
If you like this PDF or have any suggestions, please comment below!